Lender’s Engineering services is one of RINA Consulting core business. This niche market is structured to provide high qualified technical and management advisory services to key players, and directly to International Financial Institutions (IFIs), Equator Principles (EP) Financial Institutions, Commercial Banks, Export Credit Agencies (ECAs), equity funds, investors and international donors, throughout the whole project finance investment process, up to project completion and operation.
Complex permitting, compliance and enforcement programs expose companies and investors at risk regarding strict liability actions.
As a result of these programmes and increasing public awareness, sponsors and operators design and plan project development and operations to ensure compliance with relevant international standards, with the aim to operate minimizing the potential consequences of violations of environmental laws and regulations.
Financial players appoint RINA Consulting as Technical and Market Advisor to safeguard the project financial structure, prior to funding decision and during construction and operation phases, ensuring compliance to technical project requirements and expected pay back levels.
Key services provided include:
- independent verification of project compliance with design assumptions / lenders standards
- technical due diligence and project finance advisory
- HSSE - energy due diligences and audits to safeguard the project financial structure prior to financial close
- environmental and social due diligence and audit
- post-closing project monitoring: construction, operation and decommissioning supervision to ensure compliance to commitments to safeguard the pool financer
- technical support during project development from feasibility through design up to implementation
- technical engineering and financial advisory services for transportation, renewable and infrastructure projects
- institutional capacity building to IFIs financed projects on HSSE - energy standards implementation
- direct support to IFIs on HSSE - energy policies, standards, guidelines development and update
- opportunities scouting and feasibility studies.