Environmental and social due diligence (ESDD) is conducted to reduce the potential threat of Environmental, Health & Safety and Social liabilities and to safeguard the project financial structures prior to funding decision.
Moreover, RINA Consulting performs independent EHSS construction and operation audits, to verify compliance with commitments taken by the project and to safeguard the pool financer.
RINA Consulting staff has proven skills to:
- verify whether all direct and indirect impacts on the different environmental and social components have been properly identified, mitigated or compensated
- verify that adequate environmental monitoring programs have been established
- evaluate the effectiveness of Environmental, Health & Safety and Social plans, developed to deal with potential environmental risks and liabilities
- perform site reconnaissance
- assess the areas directly and indirectly affected by the project
- perform technical reviews of EPC contracts, to evaluate compliance with applicable international standards and Good International Industry Practices (GIIP).
RINA Consulting also performs EHSS compliance audits, aimed at:
- identifying the EHSS conditions of the project, based on existing technical data and/or as a result of ad-hoc investigations
- assessing environmental and human health risks and quantifying the magnitude of EHSS issues
- providing recommendations to project management and field personnel in order to avoid, minimize and mitigate exposure to environmental and health risks
- negotiating feasible solutions and environmental and social strategies.