Our development support consultancy service is the first step that a developer should take in determining the feasibility of a potential project. Before undertaking and submitting a planning application and grid connection application it is essential to understand the constraints, risks and impacts of a project.
We offer a full suite of development services required to achieve planning approval and receive a grid connection offer for renewable energy projects, to the point where a project can be considered viable for contract tendering and achieve status as a bankable project.
Thanks to our extensive experience as a global engineering consultancy company for the renewable energy market, RINA Consulting has valuable know-how concerning the design and review of entire PV plant technical projects. The client will benefit from a multi-disciplinary team of senior engineers with expertise in utility-scale PV plants.
MAIN BENEFITSAn inherent advantage is gained through engaging us in your project development process since, in addition to managing the planning process, we also undertake the design of a project and produce all the necessary technical drawings required for planning.
At the first stage in the development of a project we will review a proposed site from a technical, planning and environmental perspective to identify site constraints and risks. Based on this we will develop an appropriate project design / layout and calculate the potential MW capacity and yield.
Conceptual and detailed design works are critical to achieving successful high quality projects. RINA Consulting offers optimised conceptual or preliminary design sets which comply with applicable codes and standards and support our clients’ issuance of project RFP packages.
WHY RINA CONSULTING?We have provided feasibility and planning consultancy services for over 300 MW of battery storage projects over the last year, of which three major projects have obtained planning permission, and a number of others are currently awaiting planning decisions from Local Planning Authorities (LPAs). Additionally, we have undertaken numerous planning applications for large scale ground-mounted solar installations, for which we are proud to have a very high success rate, due also to our early involvement in the site selection and planning process.
DELIVERY PROCESS AND TEAM
RINA Consulting provides developers with fully independent feasibility assessments to identify practical technology options, including:
- Market review: Analysis, high-level business model development, strategy and planning
- Site selection: Site identification and characterisation of power generation and consumption
- Site lease and permitting reviews
- Grid connection: Initial DNO applications, including single line diagrams (SLDs). Initial assessment of grid connection options / offers and formalisation of grid connection contract agreement variations
- Commercial assessment: Review of applicable ESS services for the operators and suppliers of the electricity network with high level service modelling
- Concept design: Project sizing and preliminary design and layout optimisation
- Yield studies: Irradiation review and indicative yield modelling
- Technology review & Introductions: Review of key technologies, reviews of and introductions to suppliers and contractors.